Gain fresh insight with charts, clear summaries, reflection questions, and practical applications for Jesus’ greatest commandment that turned the religious legalism of his day upside down.
You likely know the greatest commandment, but do you know what it meant in Jesus’ time, in context of historical and cultural backgrounds? This easy-to-read pamphlet explains all the need-to-know details and key facts at a glance! Learn:
- Jesus’ definition of love for your neighbor
- The historical context of Jewish religious culture in Jesus’ day
- The political and spiritual power struggles at the heart of the pharisees’ hatred of Jesus
- Why different groups of Jewish leaders disagreed about the weightiest commandments
Traits of godly love for the self
- And more
The Pharisees debated over 600 commandments to try to trap and discredit Jesus and his teachings. The Gospel of Mark is a record of some of Jesus’s answers, including the most brilliant and important summary of all: “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Unpack and dig deeper into the greatest commandment and enrich your Bible study like never before!
5 Key Features of The Greatest Commandment Pamphlet
- Bible-Based: Packed with scriptures and biblical summaries, get the most relevant references from God’s Word
- Quick Read: Get a summary on everything you need to know about The Greatest Commandment in 30 minutes or less!
- Well-Researched: Historical and biblical backgrounds provided will help you gain context and deeper understanding of Jesus’s message
- Perfect for Small Groups and Individuals: This pamphlet includes questions for reflection and group discussion
- Easy to Carry & Durable: This pamphlet’s high-gloss coating makes it a durable, convenient resource you’re sure to keep with you and use time and again. Fits in the back of most Bibles so you can take it anywhere.
5 Pamphlets, 14 panels, 5.5 x 8.5 inches each, ISBN 9781628629934.
There are no reviews yet.