Experience reading the stories of Jesus in the Gospels in a whole new way! Understanding the World of Jesus is a slimline pamphlet packed with simple summaries, charts, diagrams, and key information about the fascinating time in which Jesus lived.
- Timeline of key people and events before the birth of Christ
- Family tree of Herod’s dynasty
- Map of the Roman Empire
- Jewish religious and political groups
- Comparison chart of Pharisees and Sadducees
- Languages in the time of Jesus
- Jewish understanding of the Messiah
The apostle Paul wrote that “when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son” (Gal. 4:4). It’s no coincidence that God the Father sent his Son into the world exactly when and where he did. This pamphlet lets you see snapshots of the most important historical, cultural, and political changes that formed the setting to the life and ministry of Jesus.
In this easy-to-understand overview, you’ll get answers to questions like:
- What language did Jesus speak?
- What’s the difference between Pharisees and the Sadducees?
- Who were the Samaritans?
- What happened in the time between the Old Testament and New Testament?
- Who are all those different Herods in the Bible?
This pamphlet’s high-gloss coating makes it a durable, convenient resource you’re sure to keep with you and use time and again. Fits in the back of most Bibles so you can take it anywhere.
Laminated fold out pamphlet, 14 panels, 5.5 x 8.5 inches, ISBN 9781628629439, eBook available.