In When a Loved One Is Addicted, get practical advice, trusted research, definitions, causes, and solutions to helping a loved one recover from addiction.
You can be free of the harmful effects of a loved one’s addiction! Dr. Gregory Jantz believes every person can find a unique pathway through powerlessness, fear, guilt, shame, and despair back into the light and fresh air of freedom because God is the Great Healer, for whom anything is possible.
Discover ways to:
- Recognize the difference between compassion and codependence
- Identify signs and symptoms of addictions, as well as types of addictions
- Make your own health and wellbeing a priority
- Stop enabling your loved one’s addiction
- Set boundaries and stick to them
- Hold a positive, productive intervention
- Find the right kind of treatment program
- Support your loved one in treatment and beyond
- And more!
By grounding yourself in a clear understanding of what addiction is, how and why it takes hold in someone’s life, and how to protect yourself while maintaining your love for them, you’ll be far better equipped to offer appropriate help. This book will help you gain the awareness you need to move forward in truth and grace, to succeed at what you can do: love the addict unconditionally and be a positive presence in their life, guided by healthy boundaries that protect everyone.
Key Features of When a Loved One Is Addicted
- Trustworthy: Filled with up-to-date research, this solid resource provides trusted facts and proven advice to help a loved one with addiction
- Relevant: Whether your loved one is dealing with a substance, emotional, or behavior addiction, this resource includes advice broad enough to help with most addictions and specific enough to tackle root causes effectively
- Easy to Read: Packed with summaries, checklists, and bullet lists, it’s never been easier to digest practical and informative research
- Practical: Includes practical courses of action to take when helping a friend or family member along the recovery process
- Easy to Carry: Compact, lightweight, and easily fits in your hand, purse, and bag
Paperback, 112 pages, 4.5 x 6.5 inches, ISBN 9781628629880.
About the Author
Dr. Gregory L. Jantz is the author of over thirty books, the host of a national radio program, and a regular contributor to Psychology Today. Recognized as a leading authority on family relationships and much more, he appears as an expert on media such as CNN, FOX, ABC, and NBC. Under Dr. Jantz’s leadership, “The Center: A Place of HOPE” has been voted in the top ten facilities for the treatment of depression in the United States.